Vocational Transitions prepares non-native English speakers for technical college and a new career. The class helps students improve the test score needed to enroll in college certificate programs at Emily Griffith Technical College. Interested students must attend one of the orientation times on December 9.
What to Expect
- Raise TABE reading test scores by 2 grade levels
- Increased reading fluency
- Improved academic success skills
- A scholarship of up to $750 towards career and technical certificate programs
- Student advising and support through transition to college programs at EGTC
- Orientation: December 9, 2015, Room 424, 9:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
- Program Start Date: January 19, 2016
- Program End Date: March 17, 2016
- Class Schedule: Monday through Friday, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. OR Monday through Thursday, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- 9-week class (managed enrollment)
- Day course: 2 hours/day 5 days a week
- Evening course: 2.5 hours/day 4 days a week
- Skill and language outcomes
- College orientations, career counseling, meetings with college advisors and instructors
- TABE pre- and post- test
Visit EmilyGriffith.edu/Vocational-Transitions for more info.